Hoy Polloy presents the Australian premiere of
Directed by Ben Starick
What if the only person who can save me is the one I have hurt the most?
Are the crimes I have committed unforgivable?
And if there is no forgiveness, how do I move on with my life?
Ariel Dorfman’s Purgatorio questions the complexities of human relationships, intention and identity. Exploring justice, vengeance and redemption, Purgatorio asks if one person can trust another and ultimately themselves. Confined in a nameless, timeless place, a man and woman confront each other with their past truths. They must come to terms with who they genuinely are and decide if their love is strong enough to overcome pain and betrayal. Both characters try to force the other to accept their guilt, but are they willing to accept their own?
• Dates: Sunday, 17 May 2009 and Monday, 18 May 2009
• Auditions are by appointment only.
• Please send expressions of interest, CVs (PDF) and head shots (low resolution JPG) to email@example.com
• MAN (30-50+)
• WOMAN (30-50+)
• The roles have no specific race, physical characteristics or dialect/accent.
• Actors will need to show an ability to shift from being the interrogator to the interrogated.
• Actors are encouraged to read the script prior to auditions.
• The rehearsal period will be throughout June - July 2009
• There will be a minimum of three rehearsals scheduled per week on Tuesday evenings, Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons.
• Venue: Mechanics Institute Performing Arts Centre, corner Sydney & Glenlyon Roads, Brunswick
• Preview: Friday, 7 August 2009
• Season: 8 – 29 August 2009
• Tuesday to Saturday 8.15pm
• Sunday 5.00pm