How To Disappear Completely And Never Be FoundOverview
by Fin Kennedy
Directed by Paul King
Winner of the prestigious 2005 John Whiting Award for New Writing, Fin Kennedy’s extraordinary work presents the nightmarish journey of a young business executive as he is stripped of everything that made him who he was. Part surreal black comedy, part profound human tragedy, the play hurtles toward a compelling climax as it asks what really makes us who we are in the 21st century.
• Auditions are by appointment only, and will be of ten minutes duration.
• Dates: Monday, 10.03.08 and Tuesday, 11.03.08
• Venue: ACOPA, 14 Raglan Street, North Melbourne
• To make an appointment please contact the director on 03 9646 3226 or send
expressions of interest and CVs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The play has been written for five actors and British accents will be required for all roles. Note that ages are approximate.
Charlie - 30s (London accent)
Sophie - 30s (London accent)
a man in his 50s (required to play multiple roles with a range of British accents & one American)
a man in his 30s (required to play multiple roles with a range of British accents & one American)
a woman in her 30s (required to play multiple roles with a range of British accents & one Eastern European)
• A play reading is scheduled for week commencing 17.03.08
• The rehearsal period will be from 24.03.08 - 16.05.08
• There will be a minimum of three rehearsals scheduled per week.
• A rehearsal schedule will be confirmed upon the production being cast.
• 23.05.08 - 07.06.08
• Tuesday to Saturday 8.15pm
• Sundays 5.00pm
• Venue: Mechanics Institute Performing Arts Centre, corner Sydney & Glenlyon Roads, Brunswick